Tire Shop in Tulsa, OK
Why is it Important to Buy Tires?No matter how carefully you drive in Tulsa, your tires will wear out at some point. Although regular tire inspection and service can extend the life of your tires, you’ll need to replace them after about a decade. There’s also the possibility of severe tire damage, which could substantially alter your replacement timeline. Regardless of when or why you need new tires, Tate Boys have high-quality new tires that will meet your needs!
When to Buy New TiresLooking at your car’s tires now and then can help you catch potential warning signs before they become a full-blown crisis. Specifically, you should be wary of the following red flags:
- Cupping/scalloping. This is primarily due to a suspension system that’s seen better days. When your car bounces unevenly due to worn-out struts or shocks, it causes abnormal pressure scallops in your tires.
- Bulging or cracking. Your tires’ inflation levels matter for several reasons, one of which is how your tires react when they hit a curb or pothole. If you don’t have enough air in your tires or don’t use a tire protectant, they may crack or bulge.
- Feathering. Incorrect alignment settings can cause this tire issue. “Feathering” refers to a problem in which your tire tread’s raised section is sharp on one side and smooth on the other.
Choose Tulsa’s Best Tire Store for New TiresAny type of tire service or replacement will require a certain level of financial investment on your part. With that in mind, you should do your research beforehand. After all, choosing the wrong Tulsa-area tire store could have real consequences for your vehicle’s well-being in the short- and long-term. Some factors to consider when searching for a reliable NE Oklahoma tire shop include:
- Qualified workers. ASE certification is the “gold star” for all auto mechanics. Before scheduling a tire appointment, ensure the shop you’re working with employs technicians who have achieved this status.
- A solid local reputation. A newly opened tire store may be as trustworthy as a more established business. The problem is that it’s simply more difficult to tell what level of service they offer if they haven’t had time to establish a reputation in the area.
- More than just tire services. Even if you’re only looking for tire services right now, that won’t be the only thing your vehicle needs in the future. Choose a full-service auto and tire shop now to save time in the long run.
Other Tulsa Tire Shop ServicesWhile it’s easy to worry that you must replace your tires as soon as something goes wrong, this isn’t always the case. Instead, there’s a good chance that you only need one or more tire maintenance services from a Tulsa tire shop. The team at Tate Boys can assist you with:
Tire RotationYou might assume your car’s tires wear out at the same rate, but this is not entirely true. Tires can wear differently depending on where they are on your vehicle. You can avoid these issues by rotating your tires—this service involves taking your current tires and placing them in different positions, allowing them to wear out evenly.
Tire BalancingYour vehicle is designed to rest on four tires of equal weight. If one or more tires are out of balance, it can severely impact your car, causing problems such as unusual vibrations, uneven tire wear, and reduced fuel efficiency. Tire balancing involves putting small weights on your tires to bring them back into balance.
Tire AlignmentIn addition to the issues described above, your wheels may move out of alignment over time, which can cause abnormal tire wear, difficulties centering your steering wheel, and other problems. If you think you might need a tire alignment, we can check your tires and suspension system and make any necessary adjustments.
Tire RepairThese services can significantly improve your tires’ well-being, but relatively small adjustments may not be enough to resolve more serious problems. Let us know if you need tire repair, whether you have a flat tire or other types of tire damage.
Get the Best Tire Deals AroundWe get it—tire repair and replacement can be expensive. While this is true, regardless of your situation, it’s especially unpleasant when you had no idea you needed tire service until things got out of hand. While the tire shop team at Tate Boys can’t eliminate your need for tire repair or replacement, we can help you save as much money as possible on tire services. Explore our robust selection of online coupons, and look at our financing options for even more support!
Tulsa Tire Shop FAQs
How can I make my tires last longer?
What do the numbers on my tire mean?
Can I replace one tire at a time?
Professionals You Trust. Service Beyond Expectations.
At Tate Boys Tire & Service, our highest priority is serving our customers. We are 100% committed to you, our valued customer. We strive to make every part of your experience with us hassle-free and pleasant. That’s why we’ve created our Customer Bill of Rights. These Rights are our pledge that your business with us is subject to the highest level of service from everyone in our company.Request A Quote